I have a question for you as you begin reading this blog post - on a scale of 1 to 10, how positive is your self-talk, in your most challenging moments?
That’s when staying positive is the hardest, wouldn’t you say?
And in those moments, or others, our thoughts and words hold incredible energy. When you can consciously choose uplifting thoughts, you can maintain a higher frequency.
So let's explore the practical and down-to-earth ways to shift from negative to positive self-talk.
The Power of Frequency
Before we dive in, let's take a moment to understand the basics. Think of your thoughts and words as radio stations. Each one carries a unique frequency, attracting experiences and energies that align with it.
As empaths, healers, and lightworkers, it's our calling to tune into higher frequencies and radiate positivity into the world. The best part?
We have the power to shape our reality through the words we choose to say to ourselves.
Shifting from Negative to
| || |
If you're not sure, go to Astro.com and type in your birth information. You can look at the actual chart pic or the table below with planets listed.
Venus in Cancer
Very soft, loving & kind. May be self-protective in relationships. Wants a beautiful home & safe spaces to process feelings. Can reveal where you are becoming your own mother. Where you are mothering yourself. - Molly McCord
My Venus in Cancer is in the 5th house. My understanding is that that is about self-identity and strengthening my sense of self. Also, about what I need to feel like I am living a good life. And that might mean simple activities that bring me joy, especially if I am doing them with family or friends.
So, best ways to love myself more...
(1) Make time for self-care, choosing simple self-nurturing activities, doing things I love with people I love. And this doesn't have to be big things. Just having dinner with friends on Sunday means a lot to me.
(2) Make time for processing my feelings and be careful about who I share those feelings with, so I feel safe if and when I do share them.
I am so grateful for the friends I can share my thoughts and feelings with. I haven't always had that. My closest friends are ones I am convinced are part of my soul family.
(3) Create moments when I can appreciate beauty. This might mean taking a walk in nature, or it could just mean opening the blinds and watching the trees move in the breeze.
(4) Make it a priority to create the life I want one day at a time. Sometimes I let days pass by without a lot of planning or thought - probably not the best idea.
When I'm fatigued, I can still plant myself in front of a book or movie.
(5) Give myself emotional warmth and the feel of a mother's love. Now, my mother passed away and I miss her a lot, so this might mean - in addition to mothering myself - that I need to seek connection with the divine Mother, through prayer or crystals or essential oils, etc.
Over to you - have you found Venus in your chart? What does it imply about how you can love yourself more?
See you next time!
In this post, I want to share a hygge morning self-love ritual, a self-love meditation and self-love affirmations.
Hygge is a Danish concept that is all about creating cozy, comfortable, and inviting spaces. It's about creating a warm atmosphere with the people and things around you, and it's about taking the time to enjoy life's simple pleasures.
Hygge encourages you to take time to slow down and appreciate the small moments in life. And I believe it's an easy way to nurture self-love.
It is a physical reminder that it's okay to practice self-care, that you are worthy of love and that you deserve to take time for yourself.
Practicing hygge can be a wonderful way to show yourself some love and kindness, and it can be a powerful way to cultivate feelings of self-love.
As we grow in our ability to love ourselves, that love can help us become the higher-frequency future self we are called to be. We can visualize our future with love, and make small changes in our lives now to help us reach our highest self.
By taking the time to practice self-love and focus on our growth, we can become our best selves and live the life we truly want.
But along the way we may struggle. We might find that as we try to become our best selves, we fall a little short of our own standards.
And when we do, that is when we need self-love and self-acceptance even more. Be kind and comforting, and give yourself some cozy, hygge self-care.
We're on the path and we're going to get there. There's no hurry. And loving ourselves more is part of the process.
If you're struggling with low self-esteem, feeling overwhelmed, or discouraged, I hope this post will resonate with you. Let's get started!
Hygge Morning Self-Love Ritual
(1) Wake up early, preferably before the sun rises. If not, just make sure you'll have a quiet space.
(2) Make yourself a warm cup of tea or coffee.
(3) Find a cozy spot to sit and make yourself comfortable.
(4) Take a few moments to be still and quiet. Enjoy the peace and quiet of the morning.
(5) Light a candle and open your journal.
(6) Write down three changes you are noticing in yourself, no matter how small.
(7) Write down three positive affirmations about yourself. What do you like most about yourself?
(8) Take a few moments to reflect and think about what you wrote.
(9) Close your journal and meditate for a few minutes.
(10) End your ritual with a few moments of self-care. Do something that makes you feel good, like reading a book, taking a walk, or cuddling with a pet.
Begin by taking a few deep breaths in and out of your nose. Allow your body to relax as you breathe.
Now bring your attention to your heart center. Feel the love and self-empowerment that resides here.
Imagine a beautiful, glowing light radiating from your heart center. Feel this light growing brighter and brighter.
As it radiates outward, envision yourself wrapped in a cocoon of love. Allow this love to fill every cell of your being. Feel its warmth and acceptance.
Now visualize yourself as the best version of yourself: strong, confident, and empowered. Feel the power that comes with believing in yourself.
As you continue to breathe in and out, silently repeat to yourself: “I am enough. I am worthy. I am capable of achieving great things.”
Allow the positive energy to fill your entire body until you feel a sense of peace and strength. When you’re ready, slowly open your eyes and take a few moments to take in the feeling of self-love and empowerment.
I accept and love myself unconditionally.
I am worthy of love and respect.
I forgive myself for my mistakes and learn from them. I am capable of achieving anything I set my mind to.
I am enough and I am worthy.
I am strong and I can weather any storm.
I am beautiful inside and out.
I choose to see the best in myself and others.
I am worthy of success and happiness.
I am confident and powerful.
Pause for a moment and put both hands over your heart and say this to yourself...
I love myself no matter what. I am doing the best I can. I have the strength to make it through whatever is going on in my life, and I accept myself completely just as I am.
All You Need is Love
Today, everything is right, astrologically speaking to slow down, pause frequently and give yourself heaps of love.
Tomorrow, I'll give you some ideas for a self-love ritual and give you some more affirmations, but just for today, give yourself as much love as you can.
Self-Love Empowers Healing
Why is self-love a foundation for emotional healing?
Self-love is the cornerstone for emotional healing because it helps to build self-esteem and self-confidence. When we love ourselves, we are more likely to accept our flaws, recognize our strengths, and forgive ourselves for mistakes.
It also helps us to make healthy choices and set boundaries, both of which are necessary for emotional healing. Additionally, self-love helps us to be kinder to ourselves, which can reduce feelings of shame, guilt, and anxiety.
So developing a daily self-love routine would be well worth your time.
Be soft and kind to yourself. - Molly McCord
New earth fairy godmother, self-care healing coach
A Simpler Life
Cozy Morning Routine
Live Simpler Life
Morning Quiet Time
Raise Your Vibration
Self Love Journey
Slow Morning Routine