Venus is self-love and self-worth, and is grounded in how you feel about yourself. - Molly McCord
Where is Venus in Your Chart?
When you take a look at the placement of Venus in your natal chart, and also have a look at the house it is in, you may get some ideas about how best to love yourself more, and increase self-acceptance.
Venus in Cancer
Very soft, loving & kind. May be self-protective in relationships. Wants a beautiful home & safe spaces to process feelings. Can reveal where you are becoming your own mother. Where you are mothering yourself. - Molly McCord
I have Venus in Cancer and can definitely relate to this description. And from it, what comes to me about loving myself more is the need to dedicate time to self-care and nurturing/mothering myself, to look for ways to create privacy and safety when I need to process what I am feeling, and to find ways to appreciate and create beauty in my home, even though my budget is quite limited.
My Venus in Cancer is in the 5th house. My understanding is that that is about self-identity and strengthening my sense of self. Also, about what I need to feel like I am living a good life. And that might mean simple activities that bring me joy, especially if I am doing them with family or friends.
So, best ways to love myself more...
(1) Make time for self-care, choosing simple self-nurturing activities, doing things I love with people I love. And this doesn't have to be big things. Just having dinner with friends on Sunday means a lot to me.
(2) Make time for processing my feelings and be careful about who I share those feelings with, so I feel safe if and when I do share them.
I am so grateful for the friends I can share my thoughts and feelings with. I haven't always had that. My closest friends are ones I am convinced are part of my soul family.
(3) Create moments when I can appreciate beauty. This might mean taking a walk in nature, or it could just mean opening the blinds and watching the trees move in the breeze.
(4) Make it a priority to create the life I want one day at a time. Sometimes I let days pass by without a lot of planning or thought - probably not the best idea.
When I'm fatigued, I can still plant myself in front of a book or movie.
(5) Give myself emotional warmth and the feel of a mother's love. Now, my mother passed away and I miss her a lot, so this might mean - in addition to mothering myself - that I need to seek connection with the divine Mother, through prayer or crystals or essential oils, etc.
Over to you - have you found Venus in your chart? What does it imply about how you can love yourself more?
See you next time!