The name of the talk I listened to was "How to Be Filled with God," and in addition to the title, what appealed to me was the idea of talking about how to press in to a deeper connection or closer relationship with the divine.
Deeper Spiritual Connection
I loved her descriptive language!
She talked about an inner yearning or longing that arises from something within that wants to take root in you or come forth through you. And she advised that spiritual discipline was more about becoming the woman who would have this kind of connection than changing your behaviors or fixing yourself so that you can be more spiritual.
If you change who you are being, you will change what you are doing. - Divinity Grace
Accept the Calling
She suggested that if you accept the calling and open to its influence, you are likely to find that the deeper connection will happen effortlessly. She also encouraged us to find a community that could support our spiritual aspirations.
What did you think about what she had to say in the video? Are you experiencing that same kind of yearning?
See you next time!
To be a contemplative is to treasure solitude and not be lonely. To see things others don’t understand, to hear, and to feel what others find difficult to sense. A contemplative is often misunderstood. Being a contemplative is not a career path, but it is a calling. - Ardis Mayo, The Reflective Pen
if you are a healer who is contemplative, not only is it important to accept yourself just as you are, it is likely that being contemplative is who & how you came here to be. I don't know who else needs to here this today, but I definitely needed the reminder.
How did it feel to experience that walk with her, as you watched the video? Did her description of herself as contemplative resonate with you?
Only the contemplative mind can bring forward the new consciousness that is needed to awaken a more loving, just, and sustainable world. Contemplative practice gradually rewires our brains to perceive and respond to reality with love. - CAC.com
How to Create a More
| || |
If you're not sure, go to Astro.com and type in your birth information. You can look at the actual chart pic or the table below with planets listed.
Venus in Cancer
Very soft, loving & kind. May be self-protective in relationships. Wants a beautiful home & safe spaces to process feelings. Can reveal where you are becoming your own mother. Where you are mothering yourself. - Molly McCord
My Venus in Cancer is in the 5th house. My understanding is that that is about self-identity and strengthening my sense of self. Also, about what I need to feel like I am living a good life. And that might mean simple activities that bring me joy, especially if I am doing them with family or friends.
So, best ways to love myself more...
(1) Make time for self-care, choosing simple self-nurturing activities, doing things I love with people I love. And this doesn't have to be big things. Just having dinner with friends on Sunday means a lot to me.
(2) Make time for processing my feelings and be careful about who I share those feelings with, so I feel safe if and when I do share them.
I am so grateful for the friends I can share my thoughts and feelings with. I haven't always had that. My closest friends are ones I am convinced are part of my soul family.
(3) Create moments when I can appreciate beauty. This might mean taking a walk in nature, or it could just mean opening the blinds and watching the trees move in the breeze.
(4) Make it a priority to create the life I want one day at a time. Sometimes I let days pass by without a lot of planning or thought - probably not the best idea.
When I'm fatigued, I can still plant myself in front of a book or movie.
(5) Give myself emotional warmth and the feel of a mother's love. Now, my mother passed away and I miss her a lot, so this might mean - in addition to mothering myself - that I need to seek connection with the divine Mother, through prayer or crystals or essential oils, etc.
Over to you - have you found Venus in your chart? What does it imply about how you can love yourself more?
See you next time!
Astrology as a Tool for
Healing & Enlightenment
In the video, I talk about God (or whatever name you prefer) creating a complex, but loving universe, designed to help humanity and all living beings. I also believe he used the universe to help create us and that even with astrology, we've got individualized support for being exactly who we are.
Pause for a moment to consider that, if you didn't already. An entire universe is committed to supporting you.
I see astrology as a powerful source of support, too, for personal and spiritual growth, and for me, that's what's so exciting about it. It's been around for thousands of years and is still widely used today.
It's based upon the idea that the planets and stars are in constant motion, and that the movement of these celestial bodies can influence our lives. When we look at our birth charts, we can gain insight into who we were designed to be.
It can show us our strengths and weaknesses, as well as our potential and soul purpose. And it can guide us to manifest the life we want to create.
Astrology also can be a guide on the path to enlightenment, and can help us understand ourselves better and determine our next steps.
And speaking of next steps, let's look at what is happening right now and how we can use it for our own growth and development.
Letting Go of What Triggers You and Strengthening Your Sense of Self
We've got several changes that are going to be a big deal in the next little while, and even longer. We have Pluto at zero degrees in Aquarius.
Pluto is known as the planet of transformation, and this specific light can help you to make the changes that we need in our lives. You may feel a shift inside of you, a sense of something new being born.
This is a planet that can help you to connect with your higher self, to break free from old limiting patterns and beliefs, and to move forward into a new life.
So you've got powerful transformation and support for casting off what no longer serves you, and holding tight to a strong sense of who you are becoming.
It's really important to look at what needs to be neutralized right now in your life. What is being brought to a point of no longer getting to you or triggering you? - Molly McCord
Healing with the Crystalline Orbs
In this same podcast, with Molly McCord, she shared a vision she had that we are all being offered crystalline light healing at the cellular level. Want in? Here's a meditation you can use...
Guided Meditation with
Begin by finding a comfortable seated position, either on the floor or in a chair. Allow your body to relax and take a few deep breaths in and out. As you breathe in, imagine a beautiful crystalline light entering your physical body. Allow the light to travel through your body, calming and soothing any areas of tension or stress. Feel the light gently infusing each of your cells, creating a sense of peace and relaxation. Now, imagine that the light is shifting something within you. Feel any changes that occur as the light moves through your body and out into the world. Allow yourself to fully experience the energy of this shift. When you are ready, take a few more deep breaths and slowly open your eyes. Give yourself a few moments to come back to the room, and then take the feeling of peace and relaxation with you as you go about your day.
Your Mission, Should You Choose
to Accept it
The timelines for these changes are not immediate. We're looking at a range from now to 12 years. So giving yourself support could require spiritual lifestyle changes.
Here are some ideas...
(1) Identify how you have changed and grown, in say, the last year or so. How can you draw on those changes to support the next shifts you make?
(2) Speaking of shifts, try to find ways to neutralize your reactions to the things that trigger you. This is hard, but the universe is supporting you.
(3) Clarify your life and soul purpose. What are your next steps? Ask for guidance, so you'll be clear.
(4) Carve out time each day for calming, soothing self-care. You've got astrological energy coming that will make this easier to do, or will help you get motivated to do it.
And you deserve the support a daily routine will bring.
(5) Contemplate having a universe lovingly designed to support, care for and help heal its inhabitants.
Tell me your thoughts on this post in the comments. I'd love to know.
See you next time!
My Surrender to Slow Living
& Sunday Dinners
I feel like I have been getting the message, from several different sources, that I don't do enough with self-care. Horrors, because I am all about that. I talk about it here all the time. But I think it's true, for several reasons...
(1) I am fascinated by things like astrology, energy healing, timeline jumping, identity merging and other new earth ideas. And I love to learn, so it's easy to spend way too much time diving into those topics.
(2) I struggle with depression and anxiety, and am very good at distracting myself. Unfortunately, slowing down and creating space between activities doesn't always do the job. But I am working on surrendering to what is, and that means that when it comes to distracting myself, I need to cut that out!
(3) I have a chronic illness, and sometimes, I am so fatigued that I can barely pay attention.
Well, my friends and I have decided to start slowing down for family dinners on Sunday evenings, and take turns cooking. I jumped at the idea, but with my fingers crossed behind my back.
What if I don't have the energy or don't feel well when it's my turn? What if I try a recipe and it bombs?
But I am doing it anyway, so here are some recipe ideas I have come up with that appeal to me...
Recipes I Might Try
In order to be considered, it has to be super easy, because I have chronic fatigue syndrome, and am not an accomplished home cook anyway. I am partial to pastas, meals with hamburger, one pot meals and casseroles.
So these are the ones I'm considering, so far...
Easy 5-Ingredient Meat Loaf
Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce, with Fettucine
Stouffer's Party-Sized Lasagna
Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
Sheet Pan Nachos, Ground Beef
Of course, they are all comfort food recipes - my favorite! What do you think?
See you next time!
This will be a more emotional eclipse. A purging & detox of deep emotional imprints. Deeper connection to your truth. If there have been emotional blocks, this is your opportunity to fully own it and release it.
-Molly McCord, Scorpio Full Moon Eclipse
Scorpio Full Moon Eclipse:
(1) Are you a secretive person?
(2) What negative emotions are bringing you down?
(3) Is there a toxic trait you want to release?
(4) What do you need more of right now?
(5) How do you honestly feel at this moment?
Are You a Healer or Lightworker?
The Scorpio full moon eclipse is not just for today. You will continue to feel the impact of this eclipse for the next 6 months or so.
Hang tight, because the results can lead to becoming more of who you came here to be. And if you're a healer or lightworker, I know you are dedicated to and passionate about healing.
Watch out for overreacting in the present because it reminds you of experiences in the past. That is a hallmark of these energies.
It's been happening to me almost every day! And I am so grateful, because almost immediately, I could see in my mind's eye what it's connected to and could heal it.
But when you're a healing nerd, you may sometimes push yourself toward becoming perfectly healed, without even realizing it, and of course that's impossible. Know that you are already exactly who you are meant to be, and you can trust that you will step more and more into being who you are, without striving.
Make sure you dedicate as much time and energy to self-love and self-care as you naturally do to healing and personal growth. Taurus season will help support that, but keep it going as we move into summer.
You got this!
New earth fairy godmother, self-care healing coach
A Simpler Life
Cozy Morning Routine
Live Simpler Life
Morning Quiet Time
Raise Your Vibration
Self Love Journey
Slow Morning Routine