Before reading this post, pause for a minute and consider this question: on a scale of 1-10, how sleepy are you right now? is it higher than one?
It's National Festival of Sleep Day, so let's talk about whether or not you're getting enough sleep.
Take the Sleep Quiz
True or False...
(1) You often eat dinner later than you intended, and on those nights, you often go to bed later, too.
(2) When dinner is over, you're already exhausted, so the dishes-and-wipe-down routine happens on fumes, and there's no energy left for a me-time evening routine.
(3) You like the idea dedicating time for simple pleasures or restful self-care, but more often than you'd like, that time never gets added to the schedule.
(4) You often go to bed later than you planned, because completing what's on your to-do list takes longer than you anticipated.
(5) You go to bed on time, but can't sleep because your mind is still spinning.
If most of your answers were true, then you may not be getting enough quality sleep and your daily routine may be part of the problem.
Here are a few suggestions...
-eat dinner earlier
-carve out wind-down time in the evening, so you have a longer period of time to get sleepy and may find it easier to go to bed earlier
Climb into your PJ’s, jump into bed and relax, or even take a nap if you are able! The Festival of Sleep Day was encouraged so that people could enjoy some relaxation and much-needed “shut-eye” after the holiday period. - DaysoftheYear.com
Consider Adding a Nap to